Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 6

So today's entry is the first that I'm making in the blog instead of moving it from the notebook to the blog. The girls continue to grow like weeds. They are walking better and wagging their tails more and, for the first time ever, I saw them playing with each other. They were sucking on each other's faces, pawing each other, play-biting each other's ears and paws... acting like puppies, basically. This afternoon, they started initiating the same kind of play with me, and as I've been typing up this blog they've been crawling all over me and getting into trouble on a minutely basis. Siobhan actually starting licking my arm, as opposed to trying to suckle on it, so that's a big-girl behavior as well.

And - hooray! - both girls had normal, soft-serve poopies for the first time since I started them on antibiotics! The probiotics are working! They did vomit up some of their food, though. Dr. Zilkha thinks it's just because they've been such piggies about eating the canned food instead of easing into it with gruel, and she's probably right. I should have been more insistent about eating the gruel first, but they're so cute when they chow down that canned stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment